Monday, September 19, 2016

How I Edit My Pictures



Believe it or not, I don't heavily edit my pictures at all not that anyone can tell. I usually just add a filter and maybe brighten the picture a little. I tend to only use three apps and the occasional Instagram filter (however I think their selection is kind of small). Below are the apps and websites I use to edit my pics and as a bonus I listed how I make headers and whatnot. 


After light is and always will be one of my favorite apps. I believe it's a few dollars in the app store and I think it's highly worth it. It's super user friendly and it's really fast to use. When I use after light I tend to brighten up my picture a tiny bit and then I use only one of two filters. I go under the "Guest" category for filters and I almost always choose "Russ". If I'm not feeling that I often opt for "Leila" which like completely adds a kind of fog over the picture. But lately because of VSCO I'm obsessed with blue tones and hues and I think the "Horine" filter would be cool too. I also love how easy it is to crop stuff and if you're a huge fan of adding borders to your photos you can also do it in the app so there's no need for a border adding app. You can also make in-app purchases and purchase more filters which I believe I did at one point but I mostly use the free ones.

Edited on Afterlight


I just started using VSCO this summer and I'm obsessed. After light used to be my go to and now I find myself going to the VSCO app more and more often #vscosawitfirst. I love how you can also post and share your pics - it's totally a social media and editing app all in one and I'm a huge fan of that. It's almost like a better version of Instagram. Like stated, I absolutely love the blue toned filters VSCO has to offer and I find myself gravitating towards the same ones. My favorite filters are "C1", "P5", "Q9", and "T1". Luckily these happen to work perfectly for me so I don't feel the need to buy more filters but VSCO offers tons of options if you want to have more filters in different themes and color ranges. I tend to lighten up my pictures a little and filter and I'm usually done. The only thing I don't like about this app is the cropping of photos because you usually have to use the given ratios - but it's not too much of a hassle, just the occasional inconvenience. Overall VSCO is a 9/10 and my absolute favorite.

Edited on VSCO

I really do like the Layout app. However, I don't usually use this app, but I do for the occasional outfit post where I want my outfits to be side to side. It's really self-explanatory and it's super user friendly. I love how easy it is to use and I love how many collage options it has. I think it's a really handy app to have and I really like using it whenever need be but I try not to over use it. There's not too much to say about it because it doesn't do anything special but it is pretty handy so that's really cool. 

Edited on Layout
I don't really edit pictures on here per say as much as I just fool around on this. I really like it for making things for my blog such as headers and whatnot and I find it really fun to use. I love doing overlays (which you can find a tutorial on almost anywhere) or just adding my favorite quotes to backgrounds or whatever. They have a really great premium option for like $5 a month which features tons of cool fonts. I use the free version and just download my own fonts from websites like DaFont or whatever website offers cute fonts. If you have time to play around with this website I would, I totally love using it and I think it's actually really fun. 

Made with a free font download
Made with a free basic font and
a picture from google







No comments:

Post a Comment